Spot on Beardie Tail

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by Dragonite, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Dragonite

Dragonite New Member

My beardie is approx 8 months old and has a spot on his tail. It is small, but I am not sure if he had an injury or some sort of fungus/issue. He is currently w his 6 month old "brother" and they have never shown any aggression (at this point) and we are getting ready to separate. Any thoughts on this?? Debating on taking to the reptile vet or wait and see. He is otherwise healthy, eating normal, etc.

Attached Files:

2. Billy

Billy Administrator Staff Member

Hello Dragonite,
    How is the beardie doing? Sorry for late reply.

3. Dragonite

Dragonite New Member

Thanks! He is doing fine...I think he just scraped it on his basking spot. He had some fungus on his leg in May that we treated and I am always worried. New worry for mine is that I am going to have to split him and his brother- we feed them separately but have been puffing out at one another...yet they love to sleep with each other at night. So much for sure we will take two!!

Billy likes this.
  4. Billy

Billy Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, aggressiveness will start to act up as they get older. I've seen some bad cases when beardies even rip limbs off one another for dominance. It can get bad. I would separate as soon as you can before any serious injuries occur.

As for the scrape, it may just go away with the next shed. Just keep an eye on it.